AIM
Kashiso

Brawl Funnies [Dick 1] Brawl Funnies [Dick 1]

Funny and something I can definatly relate to.

That was some really funny shit you made there, most of it well polished by very respectable artists that I'm glad to see feel this way about Newground's current situation. Reading the reviews is also quite funny considering it's mostly kids bawww-ing over how brawl flashes are all funny, which was sort of understandable at first I must admit, but now has gotten extremely out of control. I'd elaborate, but I feel I have enough in many other instances. As for the flash, it was funny on the satire side and the moajority of the animations were very well done and polished to a very fine point. As for the other animations that were poorly done, they seem to have been on purpose to mock the creators of all these goddamn videogame parodies (Mainly egoraptor and Kirbopher). Great work!

LEFT4LOL LEFT4LOL

Newgrounds is directly opposed to quality

People suckling at the tit of egoraptor and the super flash bros is one thing, but this flash has proved to me how easily the once prestigious Daily Feature award is being handed to anyone that does a video game parody with overtones of 13 year old weaboos screaming "OMG SO RANDUM LOL!!! XD" substituting comedy. Coming from a purely objective stand point, unlike most of these reviews, the flash was very poor in all fields, be it writing, comedy, art, animation, and voice acting. The overall presentation wasn't very good at all either, whether it be the poorly made overused anime expressions, or the Carlos Mencia like racial jokes that are unfunny and most likely stolen.

Now, this flash seems to be currently maintaining a score of 4.35 at the time of this review. I ask you author, do you deserve this score? Do you honestly believe this flash is 4.00+ material? The answer is quite obvious when looking at other non-videogame and or pop culture related movies with that score, which another reason why I'm composing this lengthy review. Thinking back to the days of 2004 to pre-redesign, a 4 score was reserved for only the most talented of flash movies, as opposed to today where anything with a video game reference has above a 3.00 almost no matter what.

The art in this flash was very poor with some VERY VERY poorly animated scene and massive amount of tweening, not to mention how bad the lip syncing was with the audio. The art seemed heavily borrowed from a grade school weaboo's sketch book after watching all the awesome cartoons. (i.e. very poor, rushed, and aesthetically displeasing.) The obviously lack of effort here was also apparent from the amount of MASSIVELY OVER USED anime expression which seem to look even worse with the lip syncing.

As for the writing, this was the poorest area of the flash because of 3 reasons:
1. because of unoriginal writing about obvious observations that people would make over exaggerated which != funny.
2. The MASSIVE amount of unoriganlity in the scene transition bowering heavily, if not stealing, from the transtions in Left 4 Speed and the Awesome movies.
3.The dialog was very unentertaining while trying to redeem it's self with piss jokes and racism.
The author's choice to play as Zoey(author's age and gender: 28, Male) and play only with the computer AI was also very unentertaining and not expansive enough to write a parody on a game that was clearly designed to be played with friends, such the title: LEFT 4 DEAD.

Also author, if your going to respond give a legitimate reason for doing so and make it long than 1-5 sentence(s) stating how I'm a faggot or how the flashes that I posted that I made in 6th grade suck. I'm fully aware that they do.

Good day, sir.

Megaman - Rockin in paper Megaman - Rockin in paper

Awesome and really outstanding!

This was a great animation that defiantly deserves some sort of merit for your efforts. The frame by frame animation used to create the movie were top notch and fluent, especially when it was in sync with the music. The overall presentation was also something to marvel at with the all paper,lego, and just household objects used for the stage and enemies. I also like how you didn't just copy a stage from Megaman 9, but you made an interesting original one. How you copied Megaman's animations into almost perfect bits of paper is absolutely great. They all look exactly like thier counterparts in the actual game, Megaman 9.
Overall this was a great animation that was really amusing and I can tell you put a lot of effort into this.

Great work! Hope to see more of it!

Sprite TV 3! Sprite TV 3!

Extremely unfuny.

That wasn't the least bit comical in any sort of manor on any sort of level. This movie was so poorly written I usually skip animation the dragged on forever just so they could try to be funny but doing some like having an explosion at the end. Also, a praody of a flash movie that was a parody of a game, is not funny. It just shows how low on material and ideas you are. The animation deserves some merit though because about 2-4 parts had commendable animation that at least makes it worth the watching. For every step forward this flash makes, though, ir takes about 10 backward. Reused jokes aren't really funny either, such as mario punching sonic and mario purchasing mushrooms. (har har, how did you come up with that original idea?) The menu was very poorly designed as well. Just because you are trying to get the smash bros. fan boys to vote 5 and review 10. Speaking of smash bros fan boys, the opening scene was so unbearably long, repetative, and not funny. Seriously, stop fooling your self into thinking you have fans that are over the age of 12.

Over all it was a pretty shitty movie that is some how worth watching for a little outstanding animation.

TITROTU responds:

Sorry you didn't like it.

Flee's Clock Day08' Movie Flee's Clock Day08' Movie

ehhhh....

I'm glad you got it done and the presentation was pretty neat, but It kinda bored me. Sorry meng, just trying to leave a constructive review, so don't feel offended.
The animation was surprisingly amazing at the preloader and most of the death note reference, but other wise is was all stuff you made before and very boring tween/short frame by frame. The pre-made videos were also kinda boring the the aspect they were as blurry as hell and mostly just ehhh. Some of the jokes we're actually pretty neat and I actually luled a few times. I'm sure the animation would've been a lot better if it had more length to it. I know I'm sounding like an asshole, but If you put a little more time into this I'm sure It'd net you an award in the portal.

Overall it was mostly sorta boring, long, and porly made, but when it got good it was really good. Good attempt, please keep up the work!

Flee responds:

Yeah, I really need to stop tweening so much. I started this about... say... the middle of July. I think the next Clock Day I'm participating in will probably be 2010, since I'd have to start now to get an award next year. I kept the videos at low quality as to keep the file size low... in retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have done that. Don't worry about sounding like an asshole, that's how you know people care. ;)

Sonic Shorts: Volume 4 Sonic Shorts: Volume 4

The series is aging worse than I expected

Here again is the sonic shorts collection. To be honest It's exactly what I expected to happen, especially after the 3rd installment. This animation had no outstanding features except for some (and I mean SOME) good animation, and 1 or 2 that had some good artwork. The jokes, as usual, were disappointing and very implied from the very being of the part. Another flaw was that the punchline was always excepted except for ones with pointless cameo appearances (i.e. Bitey and MGS reference) The legnth of the collab was also no where near as long as expected from the other volumes. A mojoraity of the artwork seriously looked like there was no effort at all put into it and a lot of the shorts had a lot of loops in them which is just seriously lazy.

Seriously disappionting considering the second one, but there still may be hope if you manufacture a gem such as the second one or most of your work, thewax70. Over all it wasn't very entertaining, but I believe with some polish it may soar once again.

Sonic the Unstoppable Sonic the Unstoppable

Unoriginal with mediocrity scattered without.

When I first saw this I thought, "Hey, it's a sonic movie with a good score. I'll probably enjoy this." What I found instead is just another sonic sprite movie with no plot and some pretty sub-par animation. The voice acting was also pretty bad considering the mouths were so small and when they were noticeable, it was a simple up and down, up and down, with no sort of synchronization. The joke (excuses me if there was more than one) was actually not funny at all. hur hur an explosion = sonic boom. As well as all of this, one other thing was how overall boring it was. Not a single second of this managed any sort of entertainment.

Overall, just another sonic sprite flash except this has nothing to offer to counteract the mediocrity. Work harder next time.

Golden-Fox responds:

Buddy. I just looked at your flashes, and a lot of them have hardcore mediocre effort! Plus, the lips ARE synced, the reason why looks like their mouths are moving only up and down is because it's too small to see the definition of lip syncing with the exception of Eggman.

Next, D-Macs voices are as good as they can get. I personally would love to see you find a better voice actor, AND add them to your Sonic Rebirth flash, considering your flash has no sound at all.

I can understand that you didn't like the joke, but next time, YOU try harder.

Bye!

Awesome Gaiden Awesome Gaiden

Amazing!

Absolutely hilarious! This was a truly awesome animation! Can't wait for and Especially can't wait for the DVD!

DDR SUCKS DDR SUCKS

A review with a 10.

I honestly don't see why this has almost all zeros except for the rabid DDR fans going OMG YOU GAY YOU DON'T PRETEND DANCE TO POP MUSIC AND THE YMCA!

but I digress, this was actually pretty decent and dissevers a score defiantly above a zero. Anyway, please make more, the angry reviews make me rofl.

More Brawl Taunts More Brawl Taunts

Obliterates the first!

The first was barley entertaining while this one improved in all aspects! Great work! The jokes could've been better prepared than they were, and a little more length wouldn't kill next time but considering the amount of time it took to make it this movie is very good. Also, the youtube joke is old, try a better closing stament than that, it's not funny anymore.

Hope to see more and keep up the great work!